Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) Program
The BSW program prepares students for professional entry-level generalist practice in the social work profession, for entry-level state licensure, and for further education.
Do you want to make a difference?
Do you want to contribute to community, family, and individual well-being?
Then social work may be the right profession for you!
Social work is a dynamic profession based on knowledge, practice skills, research, and professional values. It has a code of ethics, practice standards, and a national accreditation system. The profession unites the commitment to help others with the skill and knowledge needed to provide that help.
The BSW from EKU prepares students for professional entry-level generalist practice in the social work profession, for entry-level state licensure, and for further education. The Council on Social Work Education has continuously accredited the social work program at Eastern Kentucky University since 1977.
BSW social workers are employed in settings such as:
- Schools and Family Resource Centers
- Mental Health Providers and Programs for Those with Intellectual Disabilities
- Substance Abuse Treatment Settings
- Probation Departments and Court Advocacy Programs
- Home Health Agencies, Hospitals and Hospice Programs
- Adult and Child Protective Services
- Senior Citizens Programs and Nursing Homes
- Domestic Violence Programs and Crisis Centers
- Emergency Assistance Programs