Apply to the Program
Application into the Social Work Program is required. To apply, you must:
- have earned at least 32 hours of college credit;
- meet a minimum cumulative GPA requirement of 2.50 (Developmental courses will not be included in calculating GPA. For students who have earned more than 45 semseter hours, GPA is calculted on the last 45 hours earned. If required support courses and major courses are not included in the last 45 hours, the grades of those courses will be included in calculating the GPA);
- complete SWK 210, SOC 131, PSY 200, ENG 101, and ENG 102 earning a minimum grade of "C";
- successfully complete the application procedures.
(Application into the Social Work Program DOES NOT guarantee acceptance.)
- You must obtain application forms for admission to the Social Work Program during the orientation meeting (look for date posted in Keith Building and on the program calendar on the social work web page). All students must go through the orientation before the application is given to them.
- Students applying for admission to the Social Work Program must submit to the following to the Social Work Program office (Keith Room 224):
- Supporting documents:
- admission paper;
- two letters of reference;
- signature forms (reference consent form and NASW Code of Ethics adherence form).
- Supporting documents for transfer students:
- photocopy of transfer course transcripts (As credit toward the Social Work major, the Social Work Program can only accept social work transfer courses from colleges or universities which have programs accredited by the Council on Social Work Education at the time the courses were taken. Other social work courses may be accepted by the University as elective courses.);
- photocopy of catalog description of social work or program support courses taken at another college or university;
- verification of volunteer experience or paraprofessional work experience.
- You should be notified of admission status, in writing, by announced date.
- Transfer students must submit copies of all transcripts to the EKU Registrar. Transcripts must be received by the Registrar by the application deadline date. Transfer students are required to include with their applications a photocopy of all transferred transcripts as well as a catalog description of all social work and support course requirements taken at another college or university. Transfer students may be required to submit syllabi or class outlines of social work or support courses taken at another college or university.