Social Work Program
We have a lot to offer students who wish to major in the field of Social Work such as:
- Two practicum/internships
- Community service projects
- Small class sizes with faculty/student ratios of about 1:25
- Classes available at our Regional Campus in Corbin, KY
- Professors who bring many years of social work practice, scholarship, board work, and expertise in a wide range of social work fields to the classroom.
- Dynamic curriculum and classes
- Most classes are taught by tenured or tenure track faculty
- The Public Child Welfare Certification Program (PCWCP)
If you wish to pursue your degree in Social Work at EKU, you can recieve:
or a minor in:
If you have been accepted by the University Admissions Office and declare your major as social work you will be classified as a pre-social work major. Admission to pre-social work does not guarantee admission to the Professional Social Work Program.
Admission to the program is required for progression in the major beginning with SWK 350 and 354. To be admitted students must have earned at least 32 hours of college credit, meet the minimum program GPA requirement of 2.50, complete SWK 210 and other supporting course work with a minimum grade of “C,” and successfully complete application procedures. Students choosing to double-major must declare social work as the first major. For admission requirements and procedures contact the Social Work Program office.