Jackie Blanchard Stephens Scholarship
The Jackie Blanchard Stephen’s Endowed Memorial Scholarship was created in honor of Jackie Blanchard Stephens to be used for the benefit of deserving students majoring in social work who need financial assistance to attend EKU.
Jackie Blanchard Stephens (1970-1999) graduated from EKU in 1995 with a major in Social Work. She died of cancer four years later, at the age of 29. She was an inspiration to many as she battled her disease with courage, hope, and good humor, all the while demonstrating a strong and persistent faith in her God. Her interest in Social Work reflected her deep commitment to serving others and she devoted a substantial amount of her time and energy into making a positive difference in the lives of others. Much of her service focused on the young people of her church with whom she worked the last five years of her life. After she died, many who knew her observed that she had affected more lives for good in her 29 years than most people do in 70 or 80 years. Hers was truly a life that mattered.
To be eligible for the Jackie Blanchard Stephens Endowed Memorial Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at EKU and be in good academic standing (2.5 GPA or better);
- Demonstrate ethical conduct, a commitment to service to others and promise of high academic achievement;
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance;
- Have a declared major in social work and be formally admitted to the social work program; and
- Be of senior standing when applying.
For more information, contact the Social Work Office at 859-622-1645.